|Current selected tag: 'mac'. Clear.|
Your new post is loading...
Your new post is loading...
Robin Good's insight:
QuickCast is a free and open-source (Mac only for now) app which allows you to easily record your computer screen activities, alongside with your voice into a standard video file that can be published and shared online.
How to use it: "Once installed, it's easy to record your 3 minute micro masterpiece. Simply select the QuickCast logo in your toolbar and then click record. You'll get a 5 second count-in and then it's showtime. Keep an eye on the QuickCast icon, it will indicate how much time you have left."
Quikcast allows you to record full screen or to select a dedicated region, and to add the recording of your webcam as well.
Free to use.
Find out more: http://quickcast.io/
Download Mac app: https://s3.amazonaws.com/quickcast-app/mac/QuickCast.dmg
Robin Good: Movie Maker is a simple and easy-to-use HD video editor for the Mac.
Key features include:
* Direct import of media from iPhoto and iTunes
* Random motion and transition effects
* Export to mp4, 3GP, m4v video formats
Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese
Find out more: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/movie-maker/id441476546?mt=12
StreamToMe is a media player application for Macs and iOS devices (iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch) that plays video, music and photo files (in a wide variety of formats) streamed over the network from another Mac or PC.
Files are live-transcoded into the native format for your device so you don't need to pre-convert your media. Adaptive bitrates mean that you can stream over WiFi or 3G.
"...great performance, wide video and audio format support, and $0 price tag, it will likely beat out any competition that may someday come along."
- Stream video and audio from your home server to any other Mac with any internet connection.
- ServeToMe, the server software, runs on both Mac and Windows: http://projectswithlove.com/streamtome/servetome.html
- AirPlay support.
- Supports MP4, AVI, MOV, FLV, MPG, MKV, MP3, AAC, WMA, WMV, and more formats.
- A iOS client app is also available.
Find out more:
Via Heiko Idensen
Robin Good: If you do video and you are on a Mac, you should be aware that there is a software called Flip4Mac, which makes it transparent for your Apple computer to read transparently any WMV (Windows Media Files) and to do lots more without needing to have a virtual PC machine instaled or having to convert those files each time.
Thre free version makes it easy to play any WMV or WMA file via your native Quicktime Player. Pro ($29), Studio ($49) and Studio HD ($79) versions add more capabilities, such as:
- Import WMV and WMA files for conversion to QuickTime and QuickTime compatible formats
- Export WMV using fixed preset encoding profiles (SD, 1-pass encoding)
- Export WMV using custom encoding profiles (HD, 2-pass VBR encoding, pro audio)
- Convert Windows Media files for your iOS devices
- Import Windows Media files into iMovie '11
- Create Windows Media video files easily from your Mac using pre-configured settings
Find out more: http://www.telestream.net/flip4mac/overview.htm
Robin Good: CapScribe Open is a freely available Mac-based video editor for overlaying captions, sub-titles and descriptions on Quicktime, YouTube, and Flash videos.
CapScribe runs only on Intel Macs.
To get a free copy simply send an email to: info[at]inclusivemedia.ca