Robin Good: If you want to be able to view just about any video format out there, while controlling every single feature of it, there is nothing better and more cost-effective than Videolan. Now out in a new completely revamped version 2.
Key new features include:
- Rewritten video output core and modules, allowing subpicture blending in GPU.
- Shader support in the OpenGL output, for colorspace conversion, including 10bits.
- New video outputs for Windows 7, Android, iOS and OS/2.
- New debanding, grain, denoising and anti-flickering filters.
- New deinterlacing filter, including an Inverse Telecine algorithm.
- New resamplers for higher quality audio.
- New dynamic range compressor and karaoke filters.
- Simplification of the audio core for faster processing.
- New audio outputs for iOS, Android and OS/2.
- Multi-threaded decoding for H.264, MPEG-4/Xvid and WebM.
- Support for 10bits codecs, WMV image and some other codecs.
- Rewritten support for images, including jpeg, png, xcf, bmp...
- Important changes in RealVideo and Real Format support.
- CrystalHD cards and Android OpenMAX support for hardware decoding.
INPUT AND DEVICES
- Experimental support for BluRay discs:
- - Menus are deactivated in this release (will come soon).
- - AACS and BD+ DRM libraries and keys are not shipped, for legal reasons.
- Support for SDI capture cards and QTKit devices.
- Support for new adaptive streaming protocols, like HLS and DASH.
Download Mac, Windows and Linux new 2.0 version here: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/releases/2.0.0.html#download
Find out more: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/releases/2.0.0.html