Robin Good: If you need to "capture" analog video footage that you have still on VHS/Hi8/Mini-DV cassette tapes, and convert it into digital material, the easiest way out is to use a video-capturing device like the Elgato.
Key features include:
- Auto-detection of NTSC, SECAM, PAL and PAL/60
- Video resolution supported: 640×480 (4:3) or
- Video quality: H.264 at 1.4 MBit/sec or
MPEG-4 at 2.4 MBit/sec
- Audio quality: AAC, 48kHZ, 128 kBit/sec
- File compatibility support for iMovie and Windows Live Movie Maker.